Thursday, March 31, 2011

One Year

Tomorrow is one year. It's been a blur, and I've just spent some time reading over some of my blog entries. It's like it's happened to someone else - I really feel like I was reading someone else's thoughts and feelings... Unfortunately, they were MY thoughts and feelings. I'm quite glad that I've written it down. Reflection is a powerful thing. I'm very thankful for a group of women who listened to me talk about diabetes and Jimmy's one year anniversary tonight. They've been there for me for a few years now, and I can't imagine my life without them. Even when I said, "Enough about me, what's happening with all of you?" No one chimed in. I know there is so much going on in all of their lives (who ISN'T going through something?) and yet, they just listened, supported, and were genuinely interested in Jimmy's care and my well being. Please say a prayer for Jimmy and pray that diabetes will one day be a thing of the past. Peace, June

No comments:

Post a Comment