Sunday, December 4, 2011

saying goodnight

You know when you go in to check on the lil ones, and they're almost asleep? well, that's what all of us do... no matter what time of the night it is, that's what we do - we tuck them in. right?

Right.

Well, they expect that it's a comforting, loving, soothing, and motherly time of night...

For most kids, that would be a correct summation of the feeling of the night.

For Jimmy, it's not quite so.

Tonight, I waited until Jimmy was asleep until I changed his site. It back-fired.

I revealed the place I would like to have placed the new site (on his lower belly) and he stayed sound asleep.

I wiped the site clean with an alcohol wipe. He remained sound asleep.

I placed the site inserter on the site, and he remained asleep.

I inserted the site. He fussed, rolled over, and before I knew it happened, he had ripped out the new stite.

Poor kid. There he was sound asleep, and he was bleeding from the site on his belly that he had ripped out.

Time goes by...
...

It's in now. It's in his lower belly, but on the opposite side. He'll be ok. I just feel so badly that he is bothered enough to be awakened by his site changes.

I hope he can't remember them.
Peace,
June

No comments:

Post a Comment