Friday, September 24, 2010

School update!!

The Karpowich House is all getting there - 5th grade is proving to be awesome for Jenna, and despite the fact that it took him over an hour to do homework a few nights ago, Jimmy is LOVING kindergarten!!! (It really only took 15 minutes for the actual hw part, but there was also a bathroom break, falling off the chair at least 3 times, dropping the pencil a few times, breaking the pencil point, the gripper falling off the pencil, changing the gripper on the pencil to a new color, checking his blood because he felt low - he wasn't, needing to get a cotton ball for inspiration when drawing a sheep, thirsty, hungry, dropping the paper, losing the pencil, bothering his sister, and the all important checking his loose tooth in the mirror. Stop laughing, I'm not exaggerating!!! LOL:)

On to last night... He sat down with his homework, wrote his name on the paper, figured out the pattern right away, drew in more of the pattern, and he was done in less than 10 minutes!! Woohoo!! I have hope that homework can go smoothly after all! The difference was (I think) that I hadn't just called him in from playing outside. In hindsight, I guess he's got to be ready - don't we all!!! He's a good boy.

Then, off to Back To School night at New Bridge Center! His teacher is SPECTACULAR! The school nurse is PHENOMENAL!!!!! We are so lucky to be in River Edge, where school is literally an extension of family. Jimmy is so at home there. Even the first day, there were no tears (not even from me!!) He kissed me goodbye, and ran to get on line! He told me after the first day, that the best thing about Kindergarten was: that his teacher is really pretty, and that he gets a sticker chart on which he already got 4 stickers!!!!! He's all about getting more so he can get to that all important prize box!!! He really does love it!

He also gets to pick a friend to take with him to test his blood glucose level. He's really opening up to the nurse, and even lets her look at his number with him! He always cups his hand over the meter, and even I'm not allowed to look!!!!! He's so cute, and we're so proud of him that he's adjusted so well!!!

So grateful for an wonderful school for my kids!

Unfortunately, Jimmy was up 1/2 the night complaining that his ear hurt. It's a little before 9 a.m. and he's still sound asleep (wish I was too!! :) I've got a 10:15 appointment for him this morning. He swam on Saturday, so perhaps it's another swimmer's ear infection - but he's also got a bit of runny nose thing going on, so we'll see. Poor guy. His blood glucose numbers have been high the past 2 days - I'm willing to bet it's due to whatever he's fighting off...

I think he might be finally waking up. I love watching him sleep - really I love just watching him!!!
Peace,
June

No comments:

Post a Comment