Saturday, November 12, 2011

I hate this

At 11pm, I ripped off Jimmy's site on his belly. It was 2 days old (the norm), he was itching it, but he didn't want it off (and that was at 6pm). He'd prefer to be asleep when I change his site...

Poor guy, at 11, he was sound asleep, and I thought it would be ok to take it off. He woke up enough to proclaim, "Owwwwwww!"

Tears came to my eyes as I scratched Jimmy's back to make it all ok again and let him go back to sleep. I HATE that I have to interrupt his sleep to take care of DIABETES.

Just the word is awful. I've got tears in my eyes.

So now, I've put in the new site. It's in his arm. I tried to roll him over, and he held his arm and told me, "NO!" But, I waited until he fell asleep again and then I put it in. He didn't wake up. Thank God. Jimmy's regular life is constantly interrupted for D. It's not right. It's so not right.

He won't remember the removal of the site tonight, or the insertion of the new site tonight, but I will.

I hate hurting him. I hate diabetes. and I hate that it gets a capital d everywhere. It doesn't deserve a capital d.

I've got to test him again in an hour, so I've got to get some z's.

My sister told me today that I've got a lot on my plate. I told her, "Everyone has a lot on their plate. Right?" Everyone's got something. Everyone has something on their plate...

And besides, I signed up for what's on my plate. I don't mind at all the work I've got in front of me... I just hope I can absorb a percentage of what Jimmy has on his plate. I'll take whatever I can for him.

I hate diabetes.
Peace,
June

No comments:

Post a Comment