Friday, May 7, 2010

A Poem

Found the most beautiful poem from "Doug" on a website called Diabetes Poetry Room. I just think of Jimmy in place of the little girl... It's called:
My Angel
I tucked her in bed asking "How could this be?"
My beautiful daughter has come down with 'D'.
I kept asking myself "Why, what did she do?"
My sweet little girl had just turned age 2.
As she lay there asleep in her little soft bed,
I offered all that I could to have her 'D' instead.
So young and so small, and so full of life,
It's not fair that this happened to my little one's life.
At night I'm alone, my thoughts are on her,
Since 'D' came to stay, our life's been a blur.
I do all that I can to help her understand why,
When I poke her small body, we both start to cry.
Her numbers go low, her numbers go high,
We do everything right, and still I ask "Why?"
Some days it's so hard to just rest for awhile,
Then I realize the gift in my little girl's smile.
I think towards the future, and how she will be,
Will she be happy, will she marry, will she have a baby?
I try not to worry; I give her my best,
When my baby grows up, she will handle the rest.
I do all that I can to relieve all her strife,
She's my baby, my angel; I would give up my life.
I know I have done everything I could try,
But always I wonder "My baby, why?"
It's 20 years later; I stand by the rail,
Tears stream from my eyes as strong hands lift her veil.
My baby is grown, this small one I carried,
I cry deep inside as my baby gets married.
My daughter is grown; she's happy and smart,
She lives life to the fullest, despite the 'D' part.
As they both leave the church, she whispers to me,
I love you so much, we both beat my 'D'.
Gary2000

No comments:

Post a Comment