Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 29: April 29, 2010

So, I'm putting together a 90th birthday dvd for my mother-in-law, and I got caught up in pictures of my kids as little ones! Boy were they simply adorable and perfect!

They are both still perfect.

Jenna is my beautiful 10 year old, who is bright, funny, conscientious, polite, hard working and has become quite skilled in the art of rolling her eyes at me (LOL!!) She had a spectacular concert tonight at school - both in the band and chorus! Jim and I are so proud!

Jimmy learned how to ride a friend's "spark" scooter yesterday! He got his helmet on without having to be asked!! He loves school, playing outside, and making messes!!

I felt so bad yesterday when he confessed to me that he ate a banana without asking first. I wondered outloud why his blood glucose level was high, and that's when he confessed by showing me the banana peel that he forgot to throw away. Poor kid. Who can give a kid a hard time for eating a piece of fruit for heavens sake??? He felt so badly that he had done something wrong. I felt like such a bad parent for having to tell my kid that he has to ask before having a piece of fruit.

He's been SO great about telling us he's hungry and SO great about testing himself before he eats! But before April 1st, a piece of fruit was NEVER even a question!!!!!

We'll get there. Only one other night have I found him in the closet. It wasn't nearly as bad as the 1st night. I just think he needed some breathing room... Don't we all???...

He fell asleep in my arms tonight. Jim carried him up. He's a good boy. Keep on praying for a cure.
Peace, June

No comments:

Post a Comment