Sunday, February 13, 2011

oh boy...

Jimmy has been attempting to insert his own sites. WONDERFUL, but tricky!! I went to see Jersey Boys on Broadway for my 40th birthday (thanks Jennie, Julie and Michelle!!!) and Jim was in charge of the site change last Sat. night. It took 3 tries, and they did it!. Monday night, Jimmy insisted on trying it himself. Woohoo! So very proud of him!!! The site however, came out after about 10 minutes. poor kid.

Tonight, Jim and Jimmy changed the site again (it's supposed to be changed about every 2 to 2 1/2 days.) It came out twice. poor kid.

About 3 days ago, I noticed that we were down to about a week of site changes left. Well, if you do the math, he's out of site changes. We ordered a new shipment of site changes, and it's due to come tomorrow or Monday - good huh? Well, we don't have any left since we've been using more than necessary.... I just had to wake up the poor doctor via the answering service. The poor woman sounded so tired (at about midnight.) Since there are no site change sets left, I had to give Jimmy 2 shots tonight. He cried for about 10 minutes afterward. One levemir (long lasting insulin) and one novolog (to cover for his high blood glucose reading he had - over 400!!!!! Ugh.) Evidently, even before the site had come out late tonight (just as I was going to check him close to midnight,) it must not have gone in correctly... It had come out at about 8 pm when he and Jim put it in and then wrestled, and then again at midnight when I just recently went to test and noticed it was out.

That's when I was made aware that we no longer had any site change sets. OMG, to say the least.

The doctor on call walked me through it and came up with a plan. I think we're good to go for tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I'll sleep tonight. Wish me luck at the 9:30 mass tomorrow.
Peace,
June

No comments:

Post a Comment